| Arthur Okonkwo present at the Uyo spots stadium |
Charlton Athletic goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo has stated his ambition to win the Africa Cup of Nations and compete at the FIFA World Cup while representing Nigeria’s Super Eagles.
The 25-year-old, who switched international allegiance from England to Nigeria earlier this year, made the comments in an interview conducted in Uyo on September 23, 2026. Okonkwo is currently in the national team camp preparing for the opening 2027 AFCON qualifier against Madagascar.
Okonkwo said he is pleased to be with the squad after a process that took nearly a year to complete. “I’m super happy. It’s a moment I’ve been waiting for, almost a year trying to get everything sorted, so now I’m just happy to be here and be with my teammates again. It’s a proud moment for me and my family,” he explained.
Looking ahead, he added that winning the AFCON and competing at the World Cup rank among his main targets with the national team. The former Arsenal academy player has already earned two caps, keeping clean sheets in both appearances during the 2026 Unity Cup.
0 Comments